SaskMusic Seeks Executive Director
SaskMusic's mission is to stimulate the growth and development of the Saskatchewan music industry through leadership, promotion, training, advocacy and partnership
SaskMusic, (The Saskatchewan Recording Industry Association), is looking for a dynamic, energetic and experienced individual to take on the role of Executive Director of this forward thinking organization.
Working in conjunction with Creative Saskatchewan, SaskMusic's mission is to stimulate the growth and development of the Saskatchewan music industry through leadership, promotion, training, advocacy and partnership. SaskMusic is a member-based, non-profit corporation representing the music industry of Saskatchewan. SaskMusic represents, promotes and develops the commercial music industry of Saskatchewan with programming including career consults, workshops, marketing, networking opportunities and much more. Our artists and music professionals come from across the province, and work in all genres. We are a source of information and resources for both the public, and the music industry.
The successful candidate will have:
* Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated ability to be both a leader and a team player
* Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with a demonstrated capacity to identify current issues and propose appropriate solutions
* Superior understanding of arts organizations or complex business that operate with multiple staff, pressing deadlines and many projects simultaneously.
* Grant writing experience or demonstrated writing abilities
* Successful experience in sponsorship development and fundraising
* Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects
* High levels of comfort with current technologies
* Post secondary education in business, music or the arts or a demonstrated background of continuous independent learning in related areas.
* Knowledge of or experience with the music industry
* A proven track record of working successfully with a board of directors is required
SaskMusic has offices in both Regina and Saskatoon, with the head office located in Regina. This position will require travel between the two cities.
Depending on experience, the wage of this position ranges between $65,000 and $75,000 a year with benefits.
To pursue this opportunity please forward your application by 5PM Friday, March 7, 2014. Attention Dawn Woroniuk at firstname.lastname@example.org
follow MusicDish on