26th Annual Golden Melody Awards & Festival
31 "Stars of Golden Melody" presented at a press conference held in Taipei, announcing proudly the very first round of performers and programming
Taiwan Golden Melody Awards & Festival, as the greatest music event in MandoPop with one billion viewers worldwide, celebrates its 26th annual Golden Melody Awards, as well as its very own Music Festival, curated by Taiwan Television and Recording Industry Foundation taking place in Taiwan on Wednesday, June 24 - Saturday June 27.
31 "Stars of Golden Melody" presented on Press Conference held March 19 in Taipei, announcing proudly the very first round of performers and programming, which incorporates over 10 Panel Discussions + Pitching Program, over 100 Biz Matching sessions, 24 Showcases, 22 Taiwan Music Festivals Curation Expo, 15 School concerts, 2 Music workshops and a 4-episode documentary on the past, present and future of Taiwanese Music industry.
Panel Discussion will feature some of the chief industry-related figures and professionals, providing in-depth look at the trends and the future of the music world. Highlighted themes are:
1. Mobile VAS developing trends and interaction;
2. The Sharing of going abroad and set footprints in foreign market/ stage;
3. Trends in concert - Hi-tech and business model;
4. The karaoke market status and next in main-land China;
5. The development and practice of digital music - Music big data.
6. Fan interaction power and social media management.
7. How media influences/ effects music industry now a days.
8. The generation gap and education in Mandopop music industry.
9. Brands and PR.
10. Entrepreneurship and funding in the music and content business.
Being the Chinese equivalent of the Grammys, 26th GMA includes not only annual Golden Melody Awards that features the top figures in MandoPop - Pop Music in Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and beyond - but also Golden Melody Festival that are designed to be "Asia's iconic Centre for ShowBiz Trading."
"With the spirit of Young, Dynamic & New Generation, GMA concentrates the creative energy of Taiwan's Pop Music and lay solid foundations for MandoPop," says Chang, Chung-Jen, Director-General of Bureau of Audiovisual and Music Industry Development in Ministry of Culture. "And through Awards ceremony and international Festival organized and mobilized by the whole music industry, GMA will continue to internationalize and diversify."
Related News from Mi2N:
» Taiwan Golden Melody - Golden Lineup
follow MusicDish on