Archive of Articles
* 1980 Joined Hull punk-new wave band Posers on drums and the band played various gigs in Hull and surrounding areas. The bass player and singer of the band was Paul Denman, currently Sade's bass player. The Posers supported acts locally like "Holly and the Italians" and Roland Gift's band the Acryliks. In 1980, moved to London and the Posers split. Paul joined Pride with Stuart Mathewman, also from the Hull band "The Mods." Paul Denman joined Pride at a later date at the request of Stuart Mathewman & Paul Cooke.
* Pride split in 1982 and Sade was formed with the remaining members Paul Cooke, Paul Denman, Stuart Mathewman and Helen Folasade Adu. Paul toured Europe with Sade and performed in the USA, along with TV & Radio performances on TOTP's, Channel 4 and BBC Radio One.
* Sade recorded the album Diamond Life in 1983 and subsequently sold 10 million copies world-wide... Paul was awarded a triple platinum disc by the BPI to recognize sales of over 900,000 copies of the album in the UK.
* Left the band Sade in 1984 and formed his own group Esposito, a 13-piece Jazz/Latin outfit... Co-writing the music with singer Dino Houtas, Paul subsequently managed the band and sang back-up vocals live. Esposito was featured in various music media publications and played the London and South England dance club circuit. Esposito's final gig was at the Albert Hall supporting Curiosity Killed the Cat at the Smirnoff Fashion Awards, the event was broadcast on SKY TV in 1986.
* Esposito recorded one single on the Madness label Zarjazz, based in Camden, London. The single recorded was "Message in The Melody"... The single featured "Jimmy," Earth Wind & Fire's original backing vocalist and was co-produced by Paul Cooke and Mark Bedford, the bass player from Madness. Further to this, Paul & Dino provided backing vocals for the Madness hit "Uncle Sam."
* After Producing and collaborating with various artists in London throughout the late 80's, Paul formed Papa "D." He fronted the band and wrote and produced the music. Gigs at Moles Club and Brighton Pavilion followed with various demo sessions for Sony Records & Zomba Publishing.
* Returned to Hull in 1990 and formed his own record label IVI Records Ltd. Wrote, produced and released two singles: "Love" and "No Promotion." Went onto direct one promo video for the company. Paul continued to produce music throughout the 90's and worked closely with Time Records based in Nottingham. Formed P Eye Eye with DJ Dubington from London and co-produced and wrote experimental tracks like "Lost At Sea," featured and released worldwide on their EMIT 2295 CD Collection. Paul also spent some time in the late 90's working with the Coptic label in the Bronx, underground urban hip hop artists and wrote with artists like "Mr. Magic & Jenny Fujita," backing vocalist from the band The Fugee's.
* Started experimenting with computers and music in the late 1980's and has evolved into a Multi-Media/Producer of some quality. He completed a BA Honours degree in Interactive Multimedia Design in Hull in 2000... Paul's dissertation "New Media in Cyberspace," an exploration of emerging music codecs and the affect on the present day music industry, i.e. MP3, was published via Tag It in NYC, USA. Also contributes as a writer for MusicDish.com and provided Music Industry Insider commentary as well as reviewed various publications and music software packages. He is also a contributing member of the band Japunx, based in London. The work is being presented and distributed via the Internet at Japunx.com. Paul's other projects are Small Boy Jim and PCM8. Both projects are available at mp3.com, with albums available for purchase online.
* Associate Music Producer for the film "Bye Bye Fidel" released in the USA in April 2003. Paul is also President and co-founder of the IAPC (International Association of Professional Creators) based in California, USA. Paul continues to co-write with musicians from around the world as well as the UK. He has recently wrote a track with former Three Degree's bass player Les Hurdle (based in LA), titled "Rivers." "I'm Her Cuba" - an underground tech-house floor filler - has been licensed to the feature film soundtrack for "Bye Bye Fidel" and is currently being promoted around the London club scene by co-writer, DJ Herbus K Dubington. The track has recently been featured on BBC Radio as a part of the demos series they are currently running.
* Recent work includes the Digital Storytelling project Telling Lives. Paul's story "Reflections" was produced and developed by the BBC team and is now archived and available as a stream on the BBC website.
» [2017-10-22] UK Music Proposes Law To Protect Music Venues; New Legislation Would Protect Music Venues Threatened With Closure
» [2017-10-21] FUGA Accelerates Growth With €6m Investment; FUGA Will Also Use This Injection To Provide More Granular Benchmarking And Reporting To Its Label Clients
» [2017-10-20] Vinyl Evangelist Jack White To Keynote 'Making Vinyl'; Detroit B2B Conference Celebrates Global Rebirth Of Record Manufacturing
» [2017-10-19] Sync-Focused Covers Catalog Coversion Launches In North America; Coversion Aims To Become The International Go-to Resource For All Sync-focused Covers
» [2017-10-18] Deezer Joins With Esports Team FNATIC For First-Ever Music Partnership; Deezer To Introduce Flow To Europe's Most Successful Esports Team Fnatic
» [2017-10-16] Most Girls Smell Good Music Promotion Masterclass And Launch Party; Most Girls Smell Good Presents Music Promotion Masterclass And Launch Party Feat. Luxixi, Dirty Dishes, Missy And Sun Meng
» [2017-10-13] Canadian Singer/Songwriter & Pianist Michael Kaeshammer To Tour China; In Addition To This Tour, Michael Kaeshammer Has Been Asked To Write A Jazz Teaching Book To Be Published In China
» [2017-10-11] SOCAN And Muzooka To Streamline Live Show Reporting For Artists; Integration Of Respective Live Performance Reporting Technologies To Make It Easier For Music Creators To Get Paid For Their Work Performed On Stage
» [2017-10-11] Submit Proper Signs Up SRD For Fulfilment; Proper Will Now Manage SRD's Pick, Pack And Ship And Warehousing For Its Vast Exclusive Label Base
» [2017-10-11] Harmonica Extraordinaire Sugar Blue Performs In Beijing; Grammy Winner Harmonica Virtuoso Sugar Blue Debuts In China Mainland With An Exclusive Show At World Famous Blue Note In Beijing
» [2017-10-10] Will One Genre Rule Them All? China's Love Affair With EDM; The Number Of EDM Listeners In China Has Gone From 197 Million Online Listeners In 2016 To An Estimated 286 Million Listeners In 2017
» [2017-10-08] China-Based Experimental Rock Soloist HUMANS ETCETERA To Dispatch Intelligent Skeleton; The Experimental Rock Outfit's Output Unifies '90s Alternative Rock And Post-hardcore And Modern Experimental Rock Elements
follow MusicDish on