Year End Review Stubhub 2006 Concert Ticket Annual Report
StubHub, the fan's ticket marketplace, is pleased to release its first annual concert industry ticket report on sales activity across music events during 2006 at the country's most-trafficked secondary marketplace just for tickets. The information in the report reveals some interesting trends and information from the year in concert ticket sales. The data, published for the first time, includes the top grossing tours and those with the highest average ticket price in 2006.
"Fans have long been frustrated with tickets evaporating within minutes during a 10 a.m. Saturday morning on-sale and realize that StubHub is a solution to sell outs, buying the leftover nosebleeds behind the stage or dealing with scalpers in the parking lot," said Jeff Fluhr, founder and CEO of StubHub. "Fans can find a wide selection of tickets at StubHub where choice is prevalent and every transaction is guaranteed."
Because of the website's popularity, StubHub's sales data is an excellent barometer of the secondary demand for the most popular touring acts.
StubHub Key Stats of 2006 (as of 12/18/06):
* Gross sales of concert tickets on www.stubhub.com INCREASED 95 percent in 2006
* The average price of concert tickets sold via StubHub DECREASED $20 per ticket on average in 2006 ($145) when compared to 2005 ($165).
* The Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang" tour was the biggest selling tour of the year in terms of gross dollars.
* Jimmy Buffett's "Party at the End of the World" tour sold the most actual tickets for a concert series
* Barbara Streisand's tour topped the average ticket price category at a whopping $406 per show.
* Six of StubHub's Top 10 Grossing Tours of 2006 also toured in 1986 or earlier (Stones, Madonna, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffet, Bon Jovi, Barbara Streisand)
* Of the top 10 grossing tours in 2006, American Idols Live, a compilation of finalists from the hit TV show, is the only act debuting in the 21st century.
* StubHub grew more than 120 percent year-over-year based on the actual number of concert tickets sold via the site.
* The number of active buyers and sellers on StubHub nearly doubled in 2006 from last year. The number of unique visitors to the site has climbed to an average of nearly 3 million per month at year's end.
» Nordic & British Musicians' Unions' Joint Statement on Sexism in the Music Industry
» Women Make An Impact On The 2018 MPG Awards Shortlist
» Two-Sides of Copyright Finance: Sound Royalties & Kobalt
» Career Moves: ROLI, Live Nation Sweden, Music Glue, BBR Music Group, Warner/Chappell Music Spain & Blue Night Soundscapes
» Europe's Digital Music Leaders Form Alliance
News Beat Directory
» [2017-11-21] Joint Statement By The Nordic Musicians' Unions And British Musicians' Union; Discussions On The Issue Of Gender Inequality, Sexism And Sexual Harassment, The Scale Of Which Had Been Highlighted By The Recent #metoo Campaign
» [2017-11-13] Women Make An Impact On The 2018 MPG Awards Shortlist; Nearly A Quarter Of Those Named This Year Are Female, Proving That Music Production Is No Longer A Bastion For The Boys
» [2017-11-13] The Nashville Musicians Sound Healthcare Plan Rolls Out; Sound Healthcare & Financial Announced The Formation Of A True Group Health Insurance Policy Plan For Musicians And Industry Professionals
» [2017-11-09] Streaming & Listening Diversity - Spotify Case Study; Will Artists Have An Easier Time Finding An Audience, Or Will Streaming Focus Global Attention On A Small Number Of Stars?
» [2017-11-09] Two-Sides Of Copyright Finance: Sound Royalties & Kobalt; Sound Royalties Unearths Millions In Undistributed Royalties While Kobalt Launches Fund To Invest In Music Copyright
» [2017-11-08] Career Moves: ROLI, Live Nation Sweden, Music Glue, BBR Music Group, Warner/Chappell Music Spain & Blue Night Soundscapes; ROLI Chief Creative Officer, Live Nation Sweden Managing Directors, Music Glue Global Head Of Business Development, BBR Music Group VP Of International, Warner/Chappell Music Spain Managing Director And Blue Night Director Of Music Clearance
» [2017-11-08] Europe's Digital Music Leaders Form Alliance; European Digital Music Companies Launch Of Digital Music Europe
» [2017-11-05] Pandora Subscriber Base Grows To Over 5 Million; Pandora Premium Paid Subscribers Cross The 1 Million Milestone In October 2017
» [2017-11-05] Hybrid Studios Announces Online Mastering Services; Engineers Billy Klein And Brian Frederick Spearhead New Online Mastering Effort Through OC Studio
» [2017-11-05] Music Industry Betting On VR & AR For New Revenue; The Music Industry Is Making An Early Bet On VR & AR To Create New Revenue Streams Across All Their Lines Of Business
» [2017-11-04] Sound Royalties Unearths Millions In Undistributed Royalties; Nearly $14 Million In Undistributed Royalties Has Been Found By Music-focused Finance Firm Sound Royalties
» [2017-11-02] MusicDish*China October China Label Music Releases And Charts; Several Tracks From October Releases Have Charted On Chinese Music Portal Kanjian ING Top 10 Weekly Chart
follow MusicDish on