Year End Review Stubhub 2006 Concert Ticket Annual Report
StubHub, the fan's ticket marketplace, is pleased to release its first annual concert industry ticket report on sales activity across music events during 2006 at the country's most-trafficked secondary marketplace just for tickets. The information in the report reveals some interesting trends and information from the year in concert ticket sales. The data, published for the first time, includes the top grossing tours and those with the highest average ticket price in 2006.
"Fans have long been frustrated with tickets evaporating within minutes during a 10 a.m. Saturday morning on-sale and realize that StubHub is a solution to sell outs, buying the leftover nosebleeds behind the stage or dealing with scalpers in the parking lot," said Jeff Fluhr, founder and CEO of StubHub. "Fans can find a wide selection of tickets at StubHub where choice is prevalent and every transaction is guaranteed."
Because of the website's popularity, StubHub's sales data is an excellent barometer of the secondary demand for the most popular touring acts.
StubHub Key Stats of 2006 (as of 12/18/06):
* Gross sales of concert tickets on www.stubhub.com INCREASED 95 percent in 2006
* The average price of concert tickets sold via StubHub DECREASED $20 per ticket on average in 2006 ($145) when compared to 2005 ($165).
* The Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang" tour was the biggest selling tour of the year in terms of gross dollars.
* Jimmy Buffett's "Party at the End of the World" tour sold the most actual tickets for a concert series
* Barbara Streisand's tour topped the average ticket price category at a whopping $406 per show.
* Six of StubHub's Top 10 Grossing Tours of 2006 also toured in 1986 or earlier (Stones, Madonna, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffet, Bon Jovi, Barbara Streisand)
* Of the top 10 grossing tours in 2006, American Idols Live, a compilation of finalists from the hit TV show, is the only act debuting in the 21st century.
* StubHub grew more than 120 percent year-over-year based on the actual number of concert tickets sold via the site.
* The number of active buyers and sellers on StubHub nearly doubled in 2006 from last year. The number of unique visitors to the site has climbed to an average of nearly 3 million per month at year's end.
» VNUE Inc. To Acquire Music Rights Startup Soundstr
» Viberate & Imogen Heap Strive To Give Equal Opportunity To Every Artist
» Mixcloud Taps Gracenote for Advanced Music Recognition
» Copyright Royalty Board Increases Sirius XM Royalty Rate
» Live Entertainment Specialists Headliner Launch Premium Artist Booking Service
News Beat Directory
» [2018-02-18] YG PLUS And Gracenote To Bring K-POP To Fans Around The World; Gracenote And YG PLUS To Make All K-POP Music More Searchable And Discoverable On Global And Regional Streaming Music Platforms And Services
» [2018-02-17] VNUE Inc. To Acquire Music Rights Startup Soundstr; VNUE Acquisition Aims To Ensure A Fairer Royalty System
» [2018-02-17] Is Podcasting The New Radio?; 25% Of Surveyed Americans Say They've Listened To A Podcast In The Past Month, Up From Less Than 10% In 2008
» [2018-02-01] Insomniac Announces Inaugural Electric Daisy Carnival China Set To Debut In Shanghai; China Marks EDC's Second Location On The Asian Continent
» [2018-02-01] Viberate & Imogen Heap Strive To Give Equal Opportunity To Every Artist; Heap's Main Role In Viberate's Advisory Team Will Be To Help Further Guide Us Toward A Second To None Service For The Live Music Segment
» [2018-01-22] Italian Independent Music Collective Fil1993 Group Signs With MusicDish*China; MusicDish*China Will Be Developing Their Online Presence And Social Media In China As Well As Releasing Their Catalogue To Chinese Streaming Music Services
» [2017-12-25] MusicDish*China Presents 'Savage Guitarist' Todd Clouser In Beijing; As Part Of His #YouTheBrave Asia Tour That Includes 8 Shows Across Japan, Todd Will Be Giving Solo Shows At Laifu Livehouse On 12/27 And Temple Bar On 12/28
» [2017-12-20] Mixcloud Taps Gracenote For Advanced Music Recognition; Next-generation Audio Fingerprinting Helps Mixcloud Identify And Catalog Copyrighted Music Within User-generated Content
» [2017-12-18] Copyright Royalty Board Increases Sirius XM Royalty Rate; Judges Announce Royalty Rates And Terms For Satellite Audio Radio Services (SDARS) And Preexisting Subscription Services
» [2017-12-06] Lithuanian Band Grabs Bronze At The Silk Road Indie Music Festival 2017; Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio Dantys Competed With Bands From Belgium, Sweden, Armenia, Germany, Japan, South Africa, India, Norway, Poland, Italy And The UK As Well As China
» [2017-12-06] Live Entertainment Specialists Headliner Launch Premium Artist Booking Service; A Fully-managed Service That Simplifies The Process Of Booking Renowned Artists And Performers For Occasional Event Planners, Agencies And Brands
» [2017-11-27] Voice-Controlled Speakers & The Music We Listen Too; Music Is A Major Part Of The Way Amazon Echo And Google Home Owners Interact With Their Devices
follow MusicDish on