Year End Review Stubhub 2006 Concert Ticket Annual Report
StubHub, the fan's ticket marketplace, is pleased to release its first annual concert industry ticket report on sales activity across music events during 2006 at the country's most-trafficked secondary marketplace just for tickets. The information in the report reveals some interesting trends and information from the year in concert ticket sales. The data, published for the first time, includes the top grossing tours and those with the highest average ticket price in 2006.
"Fans have long been frustrated with tickets evaporating within minutes during a 10 a.m. Saturday morning on-sale and realize that StubHub is a solution to sell outs, buying the leftover nosebleeds behind the stage or dealing with scalpers in the parking lot," said Jeff Fluhr, founder and CEO of StubHub. "Fans can find a wide selection of tickets at StubHub where choice is prevalent and every transaction is guaranteed."
Because of the website's popularity, StubHub's sales data is an excellent barometer of the secondary demand for the most popular touring acts.
StubHub Key Stats of 2006 (as of 12/18/06):
* Gross sales of concert tickets on www.stubhub.com INCREASED 95 percent in 2006
* The average price of concert tickets sold via StubHub DECREASED $20 per ticket on average in 2006 ($145) when compared to 2005 ($165).
* The Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang" tour was the biggest selling tour of the year in terms of gross dollars.
* Jimmy Buffett's "Party at the End of the World" tour sold the most actual tickets for a concert series
* Barbara Streisand's tour topped the average ticket price category at a whopping $406 per show.
* Six of StubHub's Top 10 Grossing Tours of 2006 also toured in 1986 or earlier (Stones, Madonna, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffet, Bon Jovi, Barbara Streisand)
* Of the top 10 grossing tours in 2006, American Idols Live, a compilation of finalists from the hit TV show, is the only act debuting in the 21st century.
* StubHub grew more than 120 percent year-over-year based on the actual number of concert tickets sold via the site.
* The number of active buyers and sellers on StubHub nearly doubled in 2006 from last year. The number of unique visitors to the site has climbed to an average of nearly 3 million per month at year's end.
» indieOn Connects Music to the Blockchain
» 13 Music Label Sold to MTN
» Darcus Beese Named President Of Island Records
» ASCAP Revenues Top $1.144 Billion In 2017
» BMG Appoints New Creative Directors In Nashville
News Beat Directory
» [2018-09-16] Live Nation Electronic Asia Inks Deal With Budweiser For Creamfields Festivals; Together, Creamfields And Budweiser Will Focus On Building Entirely New Content For Dedicated Electronic Music Fans Throughout Asia
» [2018-08-23] Andy Ma Appointed Warner Music China CEO; Andy Ma Has Also Been Appointed EVP, Commercial And Business Development For Greater China
» [2018-08-23] IndieOn Connects Music To The Blockchain; IndieOn Is Confident Of Creating A "music Miner" Who Listens More And Grow Their Token Value
» [2018-06-23] The 2018 MIDEM Silk Road International Music Alliance Signing; International Music Industries Signing Of A Mutual Resource Sharing Agreement With Shanghai Conservatory Of Music & The China Records Group
» [2018-06-06] Screen Music Connect To Explore The Music Of Film, Television And Interactive Media; Created By James Hannigan, Award-winning Composer And Game Music Connect Co-founder, Screen Music Connect Builds On The Success Of The Sold-out Game Music Conferences
» [2018-06-05] Fred Casimir To Develop BMG's Global Recordings Business; As Well As Building BMG's European Infrastructure, Casimir Was Instrumental In Developing BMG's Recordings Business
» [2018-06-03] 13 Music Label Sold To MTN; DSN Music Spins Off Record Label To Albuquerque Music Entrepreneur's New Group
» [2018-06-02] CISAC 2018 Annual Report; A Comprehensive Overview Of The Confederation's Work To Serve 4 Million Creators And 239 Authors Societies Across The World
» [2018-06-02] MusicDish Announces A Love Electric 2018 China Tour; The Tour Will Crisscross Through China With 12 Shows In 8 Cities, Including Guangzhou, Dongguan, Zhuhai, Shenzhen, Kunming, Jiaxin, Wuhan And Beijing
» [2018-06-02] Darcus Beese Named President Of Island Records; Renowned U.K. Music Executive To Join Universal Music Group's U.S. Label Leadership
» [2018-05-17] Avant-Garde Label Maybe Noise Launches In Beijing; The Official Launch Will Be On May 26 At Magnet Theater With A Performance Supporting Its First Vinyl Release: Píng Zč
» [2018-05-04] Award-Winning Lithuanian Rock Band Colours Of Bubbles "She Is The Darkness" 2018 China Tour; The Tour Will Kickoff In Shanghai Where The Band Will Represent Lithuania During The Country's Signing To The Silk Road Music Alliance
follow MusicDish on