One Of The Largest Independent Music Catalogs For Sale
Ocean Tomo Auctions announced the inclusion of an exceptional offering in The Ocean Tomo Spring 2007 Live Intellectual Property Auction on April 19th at the Union League Club of Chicago. Creative Sounds, Inc. is selling their comprehensive independent music catalog, which has been acquired over a 40-year period and includes a large volume of masters of the rarest blues, jazz, pop and rock collections.
"Catalogs of this quality are generally only offered to and purchased by the major labels. These are the types of deals that usually go straight to industry. However, digital distribution has changed the ways in which the music industry can be profitable," stated John McIndoe, curator of the CSI Catalog. "This is a rare opportunity. In the right hands, this catalog of master recordings could produce a wealth of revenue-producing hit albums."
"The first and only word to describe this catalog is 'overwhelming'," said Dean Becker, Vice Chairman of Ocean Tomo. "We are thrilled to be working with CSI on the sale of their music catalog. There is no better format to present this unique opportunity to today's new music industry."
The successful bidder at the Spring Auction will receive:
* Over 30,000 master recordings including approximately 200 Number One hits, 500 Top 40 Billboard hits and thousands of Top 100 chart entries by name artists;
* A collection of rare rock and pop concert recordings featuring popular artists such as The Who, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Derrick & The Dominoes, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers Band, and many more from this era;
* 1,600 master recordings of vintage radio shows including performances by Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Willie Nelson, and Huey Lewis;
* 350 hours of film and television background music;
* 80 specialty audio products including literary classics on audio book and motivational speakers;
* Over 20 music catalogs with original contracts, master and submaster recordings, bills of sale, transfers, etc.;
* Audio library of sound effects and other audio products for the motion picture industry;
* Promotional materials including all artwork, photographs, and other marketing materials; and
* Existing licensing deals, distribution links and contacts.
Master recordings include performances by name artists such as Alice Cooper, Aretha Franklin, B.B. King, Celia Cruz, Dizzy Gillespie, Dolly Parton, Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Eric Clapton, Frank Sinatra, Gladys Knight & the Pips, Ike & Tina Turner, James Brown, Jefferson Airplane, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Kenny Rogers, Lena Horne, Liberace, Little Richard, Louis Armstrong, Marvin Gaye, Miles Davis, Nat King Cole, Patti LaBelle, Ray Charles, Rick Springfield, Rod Stewart, Rosemary Clooney, Sammy Davis Jr., Sarah Vaughan, Steely Dan, The Animals, The Isley Brothers, The Mambo Kings, The Platters, Tito Fuentes, Tony Bennett, Willie Nelson and many more.
Related News from Mi2N:
» One Of The Largest Independent Music Catalogs For Sale