5 Ways the Web has Influenced Indie Music
The top 5 ways the web has influenced indie music
1. Taste-Testing: One of the best parts about frozen treat shops is being able to try a new flavor for free before purchasing a whole cup. You can't walk into a concert for free and then decide after the first song is over whether or not you want to pay for the rest of it. However, the Internet lets new indie artists and bands post music for fans to sample. After getting a chance to sample new music, fans can confidently decide to buy their music and concert tickets.
2. Bye-Bye, Boundaries: No longer do you have to rely solely on a handful of local indie music venues to get your indie fix. Seeing bands and artists live is one of the best ways to experience music, but what if they never visit your local venue? The Web features indie music from all corners of the world, making geographical limitations a concern of the past.
3. Sheer Scope: With all of the numerous artists and bands currently making music, think of how many hours and dollars you'd have to dedicate to checking out all of the indie music available in your state alone if you didn't have the Internet. It would be a full-time job-a fun one, but an expensive and time-consuming one! With sites such as likeZEBRA.com that showcase purely indie music, you can listen to endless playlists of new indie songs at your desk-all in a day's work.
4. Two-Way Communication: There's nothing better than feeling completely connected with your favorite artists and bands. The Web provides a medium for artists and bands to frequently talk directly to their fans with updates. What's even better is that fans can talk back by sending messages to them directly on social networking sites. With the Internet line of communication constantly open, new indie artists and bands can make strong and lasting ties with their fans.
5. The Need for Speed: In such an instant gratification type of society, we don't want to wait for an album to make it to vanishing music shops or for bands to finally get around to visiting our towns. Understandably, we want their music ASAP! Whether artists and bands are selling their new records or posting songs and videos for free, the Web lets indie music fans get the music they crave as fast as it takes to hit "Play." Video and song postings on the Internet are crucial to keeping fans fully up to speed with new indie music.
» Fred Casimir To Develop BMG's Global Recordings Business
» Briony Turner And Alec Boateng Promoted To Co-Heads Of A&R, Atlantic Records UK
» The Nashville Musicians Sound Healthcare Plan Rolls Out
» Career Moves: Cinq Music, Songtrust, Def Jam, Warner Music, 117 Management & DPA
» The Production Music Association Now Accepting Entries For The 2017 Mark Awards
Career Tips Directory
» [2018-06-23] The 2018 MIDEM Silk Road International Music Alliance Signing; International Music Industries Signing Of A Mutual Resource Sharing Agreement With Shanghai Conservatory Of Music & The China Records Group
» [2018-06-06] Screen Music Connect To Explore The Music Of Film, Television And Interactive Media; Created By James Hannigan, Award-winning Composer And Game Music Connect Co-founder, Screen Music Connect Builds On The Success Of The Sold-out Game Music Conferences
» [2018-06-05] Fred Casimir To Develop BMG's Global Recordings Business; As Well As Building BMG's European Infrastructure, Casimir Was Instrumental In Developing BMG's Recordings Business
» [2018-06-03] 13 Music Label Sold To MTN; DSN Music Spins Off Record Label To Albuquerque Music Entrepreneur's New Group
» [2018-06-02] CISAC 2018 Annual Report; A Comprehensive Overview Of The Confederation's Work To Serve 4 Million Creators And 239 Authors Societies Across The World
» [2018-06-02] MusicDish Announces A Love Electric 2018 China Tour; The Tour Will Crisscross Through China With 12 Shows In 8 Cities, Including Guangzhou, Dongguan, Zhuhai, Shenzhen, Kunming, Jiaxin, Wuhan And Beijing
» [2018-06-02] Darcus Beese Named President Of Island Records; Renowned U.K. Music Executive To Join Universal Music Group's U.S. Label Leadership
» [2018-05-17] Avant-Garde Label Maybe Noise Launches In Beijing; The Official Launch Will Be On May 26 At Magnet Theater With A Performance Supporting Its First Vinyl Release: Píng Zè
» [2018-05-04] Award-Winning Lithuanian Rock Band Colours Of Bubbles "She Is The Darkness" 2018 China Tour; The Tour Will Kickoff In Shanghai Where The Band Will Represent Lithuania During The Country's Signing To The Silk Road Music Alliance
» [2018-05-01] Hollywood Heavyweights Launch New Christian Music Label; Their Debut Release, Firma Collective - Songs For Every Soul, Was Produced By Mgrdichian And Mixed By The Legendary Brian Reeves
» [2018-04-30] Pop Artist Ava King Releases New Single; Paris-born Ava King Decided To Move To Beijing Where She Wrote For One Of The Biggest Chinese Movie Production Companies, HuaYi Brothers
» [2018-04-27] NetEase Cloud Music Sign Distribution Partnership With B2 Music; Chinese Music Streaming Service To Release Billboard "Best Of Asia" Album Series
follow MusicDish on