5 Ways the Web has Influenced Indie Music
The top 5 ways the web has influenced indie music
1. Taste-Testing: One of the best parts about frozen treat shops is being able to try a new flavor for free before purchasing a whole cup. You can't walk into a concert for free and then decide after the first song is over whether or not you want to pay for the rest of it. However, the Internet lets new indie artists and bands post music for fans to sample. After getting a chance to sample new music, fans can confidently decide to buy their music and concert tickets.
2. Bye-Bye, Boundaries: No longer do you have to rely solely on a handful of local indie music venues to get your indie fix. Seeing bands and artists live is one of the best ways to experience music, but what if they never visit your local venue? The Web features indie music from all corners of the world, making geographical limitations a concern of the past.
3. Sheer Scope: With all of the numerous artists and bands currently making music, think of how many hours and dollars you'd have to dedicate to checking out all of the indie music available in your state alone if you didn't have the Internet. It would be a full-time job-a fun one, but an expensive and time-consuming one! With sites such as likeZEBRA.com that showcase purely indie music, you can listen to endless playlists of new indie songs at your desk-all in a day's work.
4. Two-Way Communication: There's nothing better than feeling completely connected with your favorite artists and bands. The Web provides a medium for artists and bands to frequently talk directly to their fans with updates. What's even better is that fans can talk back by sending messages to them directly on social networking sites. With the Internet line of communication constantly open, new indie artists and bands can make strong and lasting ties with their fans.
5. The Need for Speed: In such an instant gratification type of society, we don't want to wait for an album to make it to vanishing music shops or for bands to finally get around to visiting our towns. Understandably, we want their music ASAP! Whether artists and bands are selling their new records or posting songs and videos for free, the Web lets indie music fans get the music they crave as fast as it takes to hit "Play." Video and song postings on the Internet are crucial to keeping fans fully up to speed with new indie music.
» The Nashville Musicians Sound Healthcare Plan Rolls Out
» Career Moves: Cinq Music, Songtrust, Def Jam, Warner Music, 117 Management & DPA
» The Production Music Association Now Accepting Entries For The 2017 Mark Awards
» Aloft Hotels And MTV Spotlight Top Asia Pacific Music Talent
» Deadline Looms - The 22nd Annual USA Songwriting Competition
Career Tips Directory
» [2017-11-13] Women Make An Impact On The 2018 MPG Awards Shortlist; Nearly A Quarter Of Those Named This Year Are Female, Proving That Music Production Is No Longer A Bastion For The Boys
» [2017-11-13] The Nashville Musicians Sound Healthcare Plan Rolls Out; Sound Healthcare & Financial Announced The Formation Of A True Group Health Insurance Policy Plan For Musicians And Industry Professionals
» [2017-11-09] Streaming & Listening Diversity - Spotify Case Study; Will Artists Have An Easier Time Finding An Audience, Or Will Streaming Focus Global Attention On A Small Number Of Stars?
» [2017-11-09] Two-Sides Of Copyright Finance: Sound Royalties & Kobalt; Sound Royalties Unearths Millions In Undistributed Royalties While Kobalt Launches Fund To Invest In Music Copyright
» [2017-11-08] Career Moves: ROLI, Live Nation Sweden, Music Glue, BBR Music Group, Warner/Chappell Music Spain & Blue Night Soundscapes; ROLI Chief Creative Officer, Live Nation Sweden Managing Directors, Music Glue Global Head Of Business Development, BBR Music Group VP Of International, Warner/Chappell Music Spain Managing Director And Blue Night Director Of Music Clearance
» [2017-11-08] Europe's Digital Music Leaders Form Alliance; European Digital Music Companies Launch Of Digital Music Europe
» [2017-11-05] Pandora Subscriber Base Grows To Over 5 Million; Pandora Premium Paid Subscribers Cross The 1 Million Milestone In October 2017
» [2017-11-05] Hybrid Studios Announces Online Mastering Services; Engineers Billy Klein And Brian Frederick Spearhead New Online Mastering Effort Through OC Studio
» [2017-11-05] Music Industry Betting On VR & AR For New Revenue; The Music Industry Is Making An Early Bet On VR & AR To Create New Revenue Streams Across All Their Lines Of Business
» [2017-11-04] Sound Royalties Unearths Millions In Undistributed Royalties; Nearly $14 Million In Undistributed Royalties Has Been Found By Music-focused Finance Firm Sound Royalties
» [2017-11-02] MusicDish*China October China Label Music Releases And Charts; Several Tracks From October Releases Have Charted On Chinese Music Portal Kanjian ING Top 10 Weekly Chart
» [2017-11-01] Deezer Becomes Miami Dolphins' Official Music Partner; Deezer's Flirtation With The Sports World Appears To Have Just Begun
follow MusicDish on