Maria Pallante, John Morton, Scott Turow, Jean-Michel Jarre and Hervé Di Rosa to Keynote at the World Creators Summit
Featuring appearances from over 80 of the biggest influencers and industry luminaries in the creator-rights space
CISAC (the International Confederation of Societies of Authors and Composers) has revealed the initial lineup of speakers who will take the stage at the fourth biennial World Creators Summit, featuring keynotes from: Maria Pallante, U.S. Register of Copyrights; John Morton, Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE); Scott Turow, a global best-selling author, lawyer, and President of The Authors' Guild; Hervé Di Rosa, a visual artist and Acting President of CISAC; and Jean-Michel Jarre, a world renowned composer and electronic music producer, and nominee for CISAC Presidency.
In her keynote address, Pallante will explain the main points of her recently announced copyright overhaul plan, its likely implications for creators and creative businesses, and the long-term goals shaping her policies.
Morton will take a look at anti-piracy policies in his keynote, including the specific strategies put in place by the U.S. administration to identify, track and take down organizations and individuals involved in the trading of illegal content.
Di Rosa, meanwhile, will use his keynote to highlight the role of creators in the digital era and examine what must be done to ensure that they will continue to have the freedom to create and make a living from their art.
Turow and Jarre are among the many authors and artists (such as Rick Carnes, Eric Hilton of Thievery Corporation, Robert Levine, David Lowery, and Chris Ruen) invited to the Summit to discuss why creators need to stand up for their rights, unite, and promote a cause that they believe is just. Their keynotes will focus on how creators can promote respect for their works, achieve fair remuneration, and secure a guarantee for young creators of a future free of constraint and submission where they will have the freedom to pursue their art.
"A well-rounded and prestigious group of speakers, including many creators, will be able to speak in their own words about rights and respect, and provide solid guidance on the most important issues facing content creators today," said Di Rosa. "We're looking forward to bringing the community together during the two-day Summit in Washington, DC, learning from each other's experiences and deciding on the best path forward."
Kenth Muldin, CEO of STIM and Chair of the CISAC Board of Directors, commented, "From copyright's effect on innovation to direct licensing and business models for ebooks and films, we will be covering a wide range of topics at this year's conference that have a direct effect on creators and the creative industries worldwide. And, of course, we will be looking at modern collective management of rights and why, in our view, it remains the most relevant system for both creators and users of creative content."
Olivier Hinnewinkel, Director General of CISAC, added: "We have an exciting line up for this year's Summit, which demonstrates just how important and topical copyright issues are these days. We are looking forward to lively and stimulating debates on market developments, the huge potential for creators from new digital services, and the important role of collective management organizations in the online world."
Featuring appearances from more than 80 of the biggest influencers and industry luminaries in the creator-rights space, speeches and panels will illustrate the major issues to be addressed at the Summit and contained in the event slogan "Create – Connect – Respect":
* Creating and monetizing creative works in the digital era
* Cultivating a fair and sustainable environment for the creative sector
* Supporting innovation and digital growth with new solutions developed by collective management organizations and PROs
* The role of policy-makers and copyright legislation in supporting the digital development of the creative sector
* How to balance the protection of creators and consumers' access to works
Some of the speakers currently confirmed for the conference are listed below:
* Sandra Aistars, Executive Director, Copyright Alliance (USA)
* Tracey Armstrong, President and CEO, Copyright Clearance Center (USA)
* Robert Ashcroft, CEO, PRS for Music (UK)
* Susana Baca, Singer/Songwriter/Performer, former Minister of Culture (Peru)
* Eric Baptiste, CEO, SOCAN (Canada)
* Wally Badarou, Songwriter & Producer (France)
* Rick Carnes, Songwriter and Performer / President, SGA - Songwriters Guild of America (USA)
* Richard Conlon, Senior VP, Corporate Strategy, Communications & New Media, BMI (USA)
* Simon Darlow, Songwriter and Producer / Chairman, BACSA – British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors (UK)
* Axel Dauchez, CEO, Deezer (France)
* Marjorie David, Screenwriter/Producer (USA)
* Christophe Depreter, CEO, SABAM (Belgium)
* Mitch Glazier, Senior Executive Vice President, RIAA (USA)
* Michael Grecco, photographer (USA)
* Eric Hilton, Songwriter/Performer/Producer, Thievery Corporation (USA)
* Rupert Hine, Songwriter/Performer/Producer (UK)
* Ana De Hollanda, Singer/Songwriter, former Minister of Culture (Brazil)
* Richard Hooper, Chairman, Copyright Hub / Author of the report ‘Copyright Works: Streamlining Copyright Licensing for the Digital Age' (UK)
* Laurent Hubert, President Creative and Marketing, BMG Chrysalis (USA)
* David Israelite, CEO, NMPA - National Music Publisher Association (USA)
* Andrew Jenkins, Executive VP, Asia Pacific Region and Industry Affairs, Universal Music Publishing International (UK)
* Kirit Joshi, Chair of the Board of Directors, DDEX / Senior Vice President Worldwide IS&T, Sony Music Entertainment (USA)
* Jill Lesser, Director, Centre for Copyright Information (USA)
* Robert Levine, Journalist & Author of ‘Free Ride' (USA)
* Zahavah Levine, Director of Content Partnerships, Android, Google (USA)
* Helienne Lindvall, Songwriter and Musician / Music and Media Columnist, The Guardian (UK)
* Bruce Livingstone, Founder/CEO, Stocksy (USA)
* John LoFrumento, CEO, ASCAP (USA)
* David Lowery, Writer, Singer, Songwriter and Producer, Camper Van Beethoven / Cracker / Blogger, The Trichordist (USA)
* Ursula Mackenzie, Chief Executive, Little, Brown / President, The Publishers Association (UK)
* Maria Martin-Prat, Head of the Copyright Unit, Internal Market Directorate General, European Commission (Brussels)
* Matt Mason, VP Marketing, BitTorrent (USA)
* Eugene H. Mopsik, Executive Director, American Society of Media Photographers (USA)
* Adam Parness, Principal Content Acquisition Manager, Amazon (USA)
* Stacie Passon, Filmmaker (USA)
* Ralph Peer, CEO, Peermusic (USA)
* Casey Rae, Deputy Director, Future of Music Coalition (Canada)
* Simon Raymonde, Songwriter/Performer/Producer (Cocteau Twins) / Founder, Bella Union Records (UK)
* Nanea Reeves, COO, Machinima (USA)
* Chris Ruen, Author of "Freeloading: How our Insatiable Appetite for Free Content Starves Creativity"' (USA)
* Eddie Schwartz, President, SAC – Songwriters Association of Canada (Canada)
* Jeff Sedlik, President & CEO, PLUS Coalition (USA)
* Jean-Noël Tronc, CEO, SACEM (France)
* Eric Walter, Secretary General, Hadopi (France)
* Trisha Ziff, Filmmaker (USA)
For a full list of speakers and detailed conference program, visit www.creatorssummit.com
Related News from Mi2N:
» Maria Pallante, John Morton, Scott Turow, Jean-Michel Jarre And Hervé Di Rosa To Keynote At The World Creators Summit
» Hampton Hotels Leverages Music and Emotion
» BakerHostetler Files Copyright Infringement Complaints for Freeplay Music against Multi-Channel Networks
» CISAC Releases 2015 Global Collections Report
» Lauren Ceradini Joins Capitol Music Group As Vice President Of Publicity
» Executive Wach: Villanova University School of Law, Mozart's Estates Theatre, Universal Music Publishing Group, Music Group, HighVolMusic, New West Records
News Beat Directory
» [2015-03-03] GoaProductions Presents 2015 Spirit Tribe Gathering; A Three-day Psytrance Music And Art Gathering On 200,000sqm Of Pristine Nature Just Out Side Of Kunming In Western China's Yunnan Province
» [2015-02-28] Conductor Long Yu Announces The Creation Of A New Music Canon - COMPOSE 20:20; Maestro Long Yu Inaugurated COMPOSE 20:20 With A Performance By Yo-Yo Ma, Wu Tong And The New York Philharmonic Of Zhao Lin's Duo
» [2015-02-26] China Arts Foundation International 2nd Annual Chinese New Year Gala; CAFI Honored Former U.S. Ambassador To China Jon Huntsman, Artistic Director And Chief Conductor Of The China Philharmonic Orchestra Long Yu And Chinese Ambassador And Consul General Of China Qiyue Zhang
» [2015-02-23] Avent Studio: A Touch Of Beijing Art In NYC; "Finding Puberty" Invited Its Audience To "look Back To Their Lives And To Recall Their Memories Of The Simplest And Vivid Days."
» [2015-02-22] Hampton Hotels Leverages Music And Emotion; Hotel Chain's Audio-Focused Marketing Campaign Enlists Music Groups "Wild Cub" And "Belle And Sebastian" To Add A Soundtrack To Its Brand Story
» [2015-02-21] Ebook And Music Downloads Stagnate While Mobile Games And Videos See Strong Growth; Music Downloads Are Losing Share, Particularly Affected By The Rise In Music Subscription And Streaming Services
» [2015-02-17] BakerHostetler Files Copyright Infringement Complaints For Freeplay Music Against Multi-Channel Networks; Freeplay Is Seeking To Protect Against Continuing And Systemic Copyright Infringement By MCNs
» [2015-02-16] Tim Lies Releases Chengjsihan Song For Chinese New Year; Ring Out The Old Year Of The Horse With Celebration Of Chengjisihan Rock Song!
» [2015-02-14] CISAC Releases 2015 Global Collections Report; Performing Rights Reach An All-time High Of €6bn On Stable Royalty Collections Worldwide
» [2015-02-14] Lauren Ceradini Joins Capitol Music Group As Vice President Of Publicity; Ceradini Will Design And Execute Publicity Plans For CMG Artists And Projects Spanning The Company's Portfolio Of Labels
» [2015-02-14] Asian Song Placements On Colectivo Bunka Compilation By MusicDish; China's Biggest Indie Rock Band Second Hand Rose's Signature Track "Picking Flowers" And Taiwanese Indie Rock Band Bearbabes' Song "Angel" Are On The Compilation
» [2015-02-06] Sanlitun's FUBAR: The Latest Entry In Beijing's Live Music Scene; "We Plan To Make FUBAR Live House The Best Live Music Venue In The Sanlitun Area And A 'centre' For Musicians To Perform, Meet And Call Home"
follow MusicDish on