Best Of The Batch: Muse
Black Holes & Revelations
By Danny Canak, SydneyUnleashed.com [01-01-2007]
Title: Black Holes & Revelations
Genre: Garage Rock
Label: Warner Bros. Records
Pull it off? They pulled it off, tied it down, strapped it to a space shuttle launch engine and blew it clear out of the galaxy. Glastonbury 2004 saw Muse storm troop onto the high table of classic Glastonbury headline acts and prove themselves a formidable force in British rock. It was only with that triumph fresh in their throats, they claim, that they realized they’d “made it.”
Points to note about Muse :
- Became one of the biggest bands in the world after Glastonbury 2004 saw them storm onto the high table of classic Glastonbury headline acts and prove themselves a formidable force in British rock.
- Spectacularly broke every rule of Proper Rock from releasing an Egyptian/funk crossover debut single (Muscle Museum) to writing riffs so elaborate in their brilliance that they threatened to garrotte anyone daring to play them (Plug In Baby) to rocking up Nina Simone (Feeling Good).
- Are a band that have more than doubled their audience with each new album released – 1999’s Showbiz shifted 500,000, Origin Of Symmetry hit the million mark in 2001, and 2003’s masterpiece of epic malevolence, Absolution, sold twice that.
- Have established themselves as the most thrilling operatic sci-fi carnival on the European arena circuit inside five years.
- Visited Australia for the Big Day Out in 2004 and blew the headliners (a little band called Metallica) off the stage, securing themselves thousands of new devotees.
- Reconvened in the summer of 2005 in the bat-infested Chateau Miraval studio in a Knights Templar town in Southern France. Most of the writing process started out there, being a quieter place and truly cut off from the lifestyle they had.
- Then decamped to New York to complete the bulk of the recording in the Electric Lady and Avatar studios and to soak the records with much-needed dance floor flavas.
They have delivered their most accomplished album yet in the form of Black Holes and Revelations. An album that is sure to propel them even higher into the stratosphere of Rock God heroes. The time has come. The New Muse Order is here.
For more information and to contact the author, click on the author”s name at the top of the page.
Copyright © 1997-2018 MusicDish LLC., all rights reserved.
About MusicDish e-Journal | Contact Us | Advertise | RSS | Internships